Windmill Point lighthouse -- originally was built as a windmill. The lighthouse stands on a Canadian Historic Site dedicated to the Battle for the Windmill, which took place in 1838. The structure was converted to a lighthouse in 1872 and served as one until 1978. For those traveling in this area who have a passport, the lighthouse is easily accessible and open for visitors in the summer months.
All images are Copyrighted by Gary Martin, 1996-2010. No images can be downloaded or used for any purpose without premission in writing from the copyright holder.