Distant View of the DeWatteville rear range light
The DeWatteville rear range light is a red steel skeletal tower that was established in 1927. The tower is 35 feet tall with an enclosed white wooden service room beneath the red lantern room. The lantern once housed a Fresnel lens. In 1992, the rear range light also had a triangluar fluorescent orange pyramidal day mark added, although it is inverted relative to the front range light so that pilots can align the points of the triangle visually. The day mark also has a black, vertical alignment stripe.
All images are Copyrighted by Gary Martin, 1996-2010. No images can be downloaded or used for any purpose without premission in writing from the copyright holder.